- IoT is hard because it is a system of systems
- expect a custom IoT project to take well over a year to implement (note, my goal is to change this)
- Cloud IoT solutions – may have what you need today, but what about tomorrow? Example: you can’t use Amazon AWS in China.
- several times discussed the difference between Cat-M and 4G LTE, and why you might be having problems in some areas, and not others.
- Companies like particle are good if people are looking to add hardware to their software. Jon is working on a solution for companies who want to add IoT to their hardware.
Overall, many of the points resonate with my experience, and I’m trying to solve many of the same problems with Simple IoT.