In the IoT world, we use Grafana a lot. Some of the features we like include:
- support for groups/users – makes it easy to give others access to data
- advanced graphing features
- supports InfluxDB (what we often use to store time series data)
- supports graph annotations. These annotations can be entered manually, or automatically from data.
- excellent for building dashboards
The primary use-case for Grafana seems to be in the cloud operations monitoring. However, the same features that make it useful for cloud monitoring also make it very useful for visualizing IoT data. Grafana labs recently received more funding: