This topic will be used to record/announce GitPLM releases.
- initial release that can populate KiCad BOMs with parts from partmaster
some feedback on the KiCad forum:
Great work Cliff I think this is a good initiative
A few more features:
- support for adding/removing KiCad BOM items. See
PCB-019.yml for an example of syntax.
- misc cleanup
- output BOMs are sorted by HPN
- write log file when processing BOM (see
PCB-019.log). This ensures any errors are
captured in a file that is automatically generated and can be stored in Git.
- switch from HPN (house part number) to IPN (internal part number) (#11)
- implement Github CI (runs tests in PRs) (#13)
-versioncommandline switch to print application version
-bomVersionto specify BOM version to generate (used to be
- add badges in readme
- fix missed error check
- print out version more concisely so it is easier to use in scripts
- support multiple sources of parts in partmaster – simply put on separate lines. GitPLM will select the part with lowest priority field value. Other fields like
Descriptionare merged – only need to be entered on one line. See
examples/partmaster.csvfor an example of how to do
- if BOM includes subassemblies (ASY, or PCB IPNs), also create a purchase BOM that is a recursive agregate of all parts used in the design. This BOM is named
- fix bug in log file name – should sit next to source BOM so we can track changes
- allow partmaster.csv to life in any subdirectory instead of having to be at top level. This allows parmaster to live in a Git submodule.
- add support for checked column. This value now gets propogated from the
partmaster to all BOMs and can be used for a process where a part information
is double checked for accuracy.
- in output BOMs, move MPN and Manufactuer columns left. This makes it easier
to import BOMs into distributor web sites like Mouser. (#30)
- support PCA assemblies
- support for hooks, copy, and required yml sections.
- create soft links to release directories for sub-assemblies