CI is now doing runtime testing of yoe-sdk-image

For the first time we passed runtime tests for yoe-sdk-image/qemuarm64, this will ensure that CI loop will not only check build time issues but also check runtime regressions. Way to go yoe !!

https://drone.yoedistro.org/YoeDistro/meta-openembedded/1123

Nice! I’ve come to realize CI is really useful. I’ve been using Github actions in the Simple IoT project – Github actions are good for applications which don’t require a lot of build resources – they are very easy to set up and use. Generating occasional releases for a number of targets is also a good practice as it forces various code paths to be exercised. I just added a release process to Simple IoT and discovered building for Windows is broke. Good stuff!

Well inspired by recent issues on drone server database size growing beyond size, I thought of playing with GH actions, and I am pleasantly surprised. I could easily setup a native runner on an aarch64 box with in minutes, just followed the instructions no hoops to jump. Then I added the runner to yoedistro ( org level ), Next was migrating drone yaml jobs and it was almost 1 to 1 conversion, most meaty parts where CI logic resided was re-used verbatim. with in hrs I was running yoedisto/meta-clang/meta-openembedded CI jobs on the runner. Its happiness when things work as intended :slight_smile: :grinning: